Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Yves Sait Laurent Touche Eclat- Radiant Touch


 After hearing and reading about it countless times and I finally decide to test it out and see how amazing this product really was. And to my surprise, I instantly feel in love with it! YSL Touche Eclat is a complexion highlighter that comes in the form of a pen, in 14 different shades.  (I use shade 2 for myself) You simply click the button on the bottom and apply to desired areas of the face with the brush tip applicator and pat into the skin.
I first tested the product on myself; I used it under my eyes on my lids, brow bone and cheekbones. I just swiped a couple of strokes and used my finger to lightly blend into the skin.
The result was my dark circles & fine lines virtually disappeared. And I noticed the skin was instantly illuminated and refreshed! NO JOKE! You can apply it over your liquid foundation or use it by itself. I even tried it over a mineral powder base and it still blended quite nicely. The great thing about it is you can use it in all different areas of the face, to brighten and give you that beautiful glow. And you can apply throughout the day too for an instant pick me up. 
You can use it on the brow bone, the eyelid, in the inner corner of the eye bringing it under the lash line, down the bridge of the nose, the corners of the nostrils, on the curve above your lip, around the lip line and on the chin. (see attached image for suggested placements)
Now one thing I must mention…Very important for all of you makeup artists! I tested this on a recent photo shoot.  The photographer was shooting outside with just a reflector the model had serious dark circles and a little puffiness, so I used the Touche Eclat to try and brighten the area, I also swiped a bit on the bridge of her nose. To my surprise, the photographer showed me a shot on the camera and it was horrible! Everywhere I placed the highlighter it was reflecting white like crazy! Giving off the appearance of a raccoon!  So I had to go in and take it down with a sponge. I didn’t even use a lot of the product either. I think it just has so much reflective pigment that any direct light will amplify it.
I wouldn’t suggest using it for TV or film, EVER. And when using on a client, whether it be a photo shoot, red carpet event or wedding, I would suggest being extremely light handed with it, and I would avoid using it under the eye, so It doest give off a reflective raccoon look. Does everyone remember the infamous Nicole Kidman red carpet look with powder on her nose and under eyes...YIKES! (note picture below) I would try using on the brow & cheekbone and lightly around the lips to define them…. But please use with caution.
 If you go to the YSL website they have a shade finder that helps you match your skin tone with the proper Touche Eclat.
I really think this product is amazing, and does what it claims!

                                                             Placement suggestions



Beware and try to avoid a disaster similar to this! 








1 comment:

  1. hey there fellow MUA! just wanted to say that i love your site and look forward to seeing more posts!

    -Alexa

    http://cashmereandcandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete